Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Journey Begins

Less than 30 hours await us before we begin our newest chronicles abroad. We are scared, excited and antsy as hell. Leigh has just realized that she does not, in actuality, have proof of her yellow fever vaccination. This may prove difficult (yes, I see those shaking heads of the Bush family now).

Tomorrow we will be dropped off at the airport in the early afternoon to take our first of a looooooooong travel day/night/day to New Delhi.

The following food items have been selected as must-haves:
1. 1 bag goldfish crackers
2. 1 bag baby carrots
3. 1 pkg. swedish fish
4. 2 chocolate bars
5. 1 English cucumber
6. 1 bag recently made cookies
7. 1 bag doritos (nacho cheese...of course)
8. 1 box peanut butter granola bars

Let's just say that we won't be starving on this trip.

Wish us luck! More soon.

9 comments:

charliek said...

Swedish fish? Is it stinky? New to blogging, so just trying this out! I look forward to blog updates which include the food adventures of international travel. - dad kohlhardt

Unknown said...

seriously? an english cucumber? weird. An the Bush family wasn't shaking their heads, we were more 'Tsk, Tsk'ing

Hal said...

Nice food list!

Can I make a request? Please write a post about the folks you meet during your flights! Also, street food. Can we hear about street food?

RobRR said...

I agree with Hal. The food list is great. I especially think the gelatin based candy is clutch on a long trip because when it gets caught in your teeth you can spend hours coursing your tongue through your teeth in an effort to release the buildup. Personally, I'm a Mike and Ike's guy, but Swedish Fish are great too and may surpass M&I if they are the large multi-colored variety of SF.

Nina Mo said...

Dear GGG:

Am sending you bags, blocks and bundles of good luck! Hadn't heard of Swedish fish but did recognize the nacho doritos from your list {:) Wishing you good food and good times. Abrazos, Nina
P.S. This is my first blog EVER!!

Autmrae said...

I am so excited for you two!! I am sure you are still in transit right now, it is thursday sometime your time, friday my time, I think, it may actually be mid day friday your time. Who knows? This whole time change thing has me all mixed up. Be safe! I am excited to hear all abou it!

Stephanie said...

hey girls hope you are having fun miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

seriously, what are swedish fish??
Crackers?

Anonymous said...

ok, googled swedish fish. Gummy bears only different taste I'll bet.